Friday, April 29, 2005

Blogger Burnout

The past few weeks have seen the end of several interesting blogs. These blogs have been my personal favourites, and it is sad to see them die. In many cases, the main reason for their closure/inactivity is the unpleasant slugfest between the blogger and the readers. Sometimes it is the pressure to update the blog that has turned the blogger against blogging. In one case, the blogger is plain bored to carry it on any longer. Isn't that a case of blogger burnout?

Things like this are happening worldwide now. The Wired has come out with an interesting piece on this phenomenon. Read it here.

3 comments:

bibliobibuli said...

Very nice piece. Well spotted. For me the biggest drawback about having a blog is that every time i meet a fiend in the street and launch into my latest funny story, they stop me and say "I know all about it, I read it on your blog."

Unknown said...

The best part about blogging is that you can carry on gossiping with strangers from all kinds places on all kinds of topics. Isn't that fun?

Unknown said...

Hi Asya

I read about the IT story on blogging but could not read it.